Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June

Busy month.

My youngest brother got married last Saturday. He is the only to get married since I've had this blog. My sister got married in 1995 and the other three of us all got married in 2006/07. So, this was the last hurrah in terms of sibling weddings. Plus, he's the baby. I remember SO vividly the day he came home from the hospital and I decided he was MY baby. (I remember when my other little brother was born too, but I was 2 1/2 so I didn't fully "get" it.) It seems so strange that he's old enough to get married, even though he's been my go-to drinking buddy for like a decade.

And it was a good reminder of how fast life goes by. My baby brother got married, and my baby boy was a ring bearer! He looked so grown up (I mean, for a 2 1/2 year old), and he LOVED the whole thing. He ate up the aisle experience in a way quite reminiscent of his mother on her wedding day. Ahem. Anyway.

Those are really the moments that make me so, so glad I'm home with him now - the ones that remind me how FAST it all goes by. And my mother's friends who were stay at home moms were all so excited for me, too. That was a really nice feeling.

Anyway...life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it! ;)

No comments: