Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bad Day

Today wasn't a good day. I wasn't feeling well and neither was the kid. I was out sick from work yesterday, so I was behind and trying to catch up and my son wasn't really interested in that. I had a meltdown at one point and my poor husband had to listen to me sobbing and hyperventilating on the phone. And so then I felt so guilty for unloading on him. Again. Some more. I know these sorts of days happen. My friends who are working mothers tell me they do. My friends who are stay at home mothers tell me they do. But it still makes me feel weak when I drop the balls I'm juggling, when I lose my cool, when I can't handle it. But the truth is, today, I couldn't handle it. I guess that's just part of the journey. Sometimes, I won't be able to keep all the balls in the air. Sometimes, one will hit the floor. I need to cut myself some slack, which isn't something I've ever been very good at. But life is a work in progress, right?

No comments: