Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Happy

Four years ago today, at 3:58 a.m., my life changed completely and irrevocably, in all the best ways. Suddenly, there was a SCREAMING, red, tiny, squirmy boy laying on my tummy. The four years since have been a whirlwind of love, worry, joy and exasperation. Never have I known a person who could make me so insane one second and so madly in love the next. Never before have I known a person at whom I could be content to stare, literally for hours. Perhaps more than anyone I've ever known, my son has made me who I am today. (Certainly, his father has helped, too.) He made me a mother, and for that I will be forever grateful.

Happy fourth birthday to my first born, B, to whom I will never be able to adequately express my love and devotion.

No comments: