Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

Growing up, Father's Day was always fun in our family. A lot of years, we would gather in my parents' back yard and play bocce or basketball or both. I was a daddy's girl and a grandpa's girl (or, more precisely, a Bucky's girl) growing up, so any day I got to spend with both of them was a good one. Plus, it usually fell sometime right before school ended, which was always a favorite time of year.

This year is my husband's first Father's Day. I'm excited for a day to celebrate what a fantastic job he's doing. He is an amazing father and I'm so lucky to have him to be a parent with. My son just absolutely adores his daddy and it's such fun to watch.

I ordered him an e-gift card and Sears (where I ordered it from) has managed to completely botch it enough that it's probably going to screw up my husband's first Father's Day gift. I ordered it from there because they are having a grill sale and my husband wants to buy a new grill. The sale ends tomorrow, and when I just talked to them on the phone (for the third time today) they informed me that it'll be at least tomorrow before the confusion gets cleared up...meaning there's a decent chance my husband will miss the sale. So, Sears has effectively lost my business going forward. Well done, Sears.

But annoyances aside, I'm glad there is a special day (even if said day was invented by Hallmark)to thank him for everything he does. My son and I are very, very blessed to have the world's greatest Daddy right here in our very own family.

No comments: