Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Well, last week's vacation started out a little rocky, but did get better. We spent the latter part of last week and the weekend at my brother's house in Bridgehampton, NY, where we had a family reunion. There were 27 of us staying at the house and 10 others staying at hotels and my aunt & uncle's place in Orient, NY. Of the 27 at the house, four were under 15 months old. It was nutty. But it was SUCH fun. My brother and sister in law have the most amazing yard with a pool, hot tub, pool house and huge deck, which is ideal for a summer family gathering. And it's big enough to be comfortable for that many people. Plus, the weather was just ideal, which helps.

Yesterday, I was suffering from a MAJOR case of let down. I had been looking forward to my vacation week, and especially the family reunion for SUCH a long time, and between the stressful stuff that happened last week, and the fact that the reunion was over, AND the fact that I was returing to work, I was just a ball of anxiety yesterday. Shocking, I know. Thankfully, I do have one more week of vacation coming up in August. No big plans for it yet, but I'm just hoping it won't start off with a trip to the hospital.

No comments: