Sunday, August 3, 2008

BOO to Not Sleeping

Insomnia strikes again. 3:54 a.m. and I've been up for the past hour and a half. Since B has been getting up anywhere between 4:30 and 6:00 lately, it's barely even worth trying to get back to sleep at this point. My husband is also leaving for a business trip at 5:30 (He's got an 8:00 a.m. flight. On a Sunday. Yes, I do love his company SO MUCH, why do you ask?), so I'm not holding out hope for much more sleep tonight.

Earlier today, or yesterday, or whatever, I had what I like to call an emotional reboot (TM, people!)...Basically, a meltdown. But a necessary meltdown. The kind where, you kind of get to the end of your rope about someting, and lose it for a minute, and then when it's over, you feel like you're in a place where you can face things again in effective way. This one was about moving. We're trying to get our condo ready to sell. This is tricky when we both work so far away and we have a nine month old and our weekends are largely booked. I know we can and will do it. But occasionally, the process is overwhelming to me, particularly because I'm not the most patient person on the planet. But it was really cathartic to just LOSE it for a few minutes. When I was done, we actually got down to business and got some stuff done and it felt great. My husband is the best, man. I'm going to miss him the next few days.

No comments: