Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Just...

I was on vacation half of last week. (That's the main reason for my lack of updates.) I was supposed to be on vacation all week, but events at work dictated that I only take half the week. I was agonizing over whether to cancel the entire vacation, but...something happened at work on Monday that made me realize it was best that I take the time. I won't even get into it, but it was ridiculous. Then, I worked from home (or, more specifically, from my parents' house) on Tuesday, and was off Wednesday-Friday. I stayed at my parents' house for the week. My husband was away for work, and my Mom seemed to think it was a good opportunity for some baby hogging, which is her favorite activity. It was really a great week. It was so nice to have so much time with B and with my parents. I missed E terribly, but he came home on Thursday and stayed at my parents' house with us. I really just especially loved having that time to focus on B, without distractions. We had such a blast together. My work from home days aren't like that - I'm frazzled and being pulled in a million directions between work and B and housework. Last week, I was able to just enjoy my little boy, and it was completely awesome. He is such a fun little person. He loves to laugh and he's starting to talk now. It made going back to work this week even worse than coming back from vacation normally is, because in addition to the regular coming back from vacation nonsense, I also missed him so, so much - it was really pathetic. It's just that I could just snuggle with him and play with him all the livelong day and be perfectly happy!

No comments: