Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TT the Bear's

I love Pandora. It's really such a genius invention. If you've never used it, go to pandora.com pronto and get started. Today, my stations seem to be in cahoots to all play songs by artists I used to go to see frequently when I was a young, single girl living in the city and going to rock shows several nights a week. (On the off chance that anyone reading this is like, "HUH?!" about the title of this post, TT the Bear's is one of my favorite live music venues in Cambridge.) It's really genuinely strange. We've had Dresden Dolls, followed by Sheila Divine, followed by Hey, Mercedes, followed by Get Up Kids. And I mean, it's not that these bands are like SUPER obscure, but let's face it, they're not necessarily the most commonly played artists around, and for them to come on, even on Pandora, in that precise order, is...unusual. I'm suddenly really nostaligic for 2003. I really want to hit up TT's or The Middle East for a rock show that is as likely to be an enormous, loud disappointment as a genuinely good show (It's a 50/50 shot, a lot of times). Ahhh, good times.

2 comments:

rb said...

Well, you know my policy on live music, but I'll happily accompany you on another night out on the town!

MommyWriter said...

Tee hee! I do, indeed. What if said live music were to be performed by 3DT? Then would you make an exception?? I really would like to go see them again soon. I haven't since...it might have been that time at the Burren with you and EA!