Friday, April 9, 2010

Transition

Change is hard. Even when it's a change you want with your whole heart, it's just hard and usually a little scary. So, this week has been one of great ups and downs for me and my little man, who are both clearly undergoing radical changes to our lives and routines.

I know with absolute certainty that I made the right choice. It was the right choice for my family and it was the right choice for me, personally and professionally, in the long-term. But of course, that doesn't mean that I am just gliding along with a smile on my face. That isn't my nature. I have a near-compulsive need to know how things will turn out. And of course in life, you usually can't know how things are going to turn out. So, times of transition are just always scary.

And then of course, it's been a big transition for B, too. He is no longer going to "school" for the time being. We have re-located, but had visits to one set of grandparents last weekend and the other this weekend. And we haven't yet moved his bedroom stuff back up to Nashua, so he was in the pack & play this week. And as a result, he's been very emotional. Couple unusually horrific meltdowns in public. Always a good time.

But we'll get there. I know we will. Even with the weirdness of this week and the anxiety I've been feeling, I know we're where we need to be, and I know we'll get this Mommy and B thing down pat.

No comments: