Monday, April 5, 2010

Done-zo.

Well, today was my last day. What a strange feeling that, after going to work at the same place (different groups, but within the same realm) for 9 1/2 years, I won't be going there anymore. It's funny. I thought maybe I would be sad. But I'm not. I mean, I'm a naturally nostalgic person, so I did spend the day reminiscing about my years there, and it was emotional to close the door on a fairly major chapter in my life, but I'm not sad. I have a certainty inside me that this was absolutely the right decision for me and my family. Still, it is definitely surreal to leave behind a place that saw me grow from a single 24 year old with no corporate experience to speak of into a married mother and professional with almost 10 years experience. I'm ready for my next chapter.

3 comments:

rb said...

I'm sad enough for the both of us!!

MommyWriter said...

Aw, RB...don't be seead!! :(

rb said...

Well. Happy for YOU! i should have clarified. Sad for me and my pathetic F.D. existence. :)