Friday, September 10, 2010

Lucky Star

So, yea, yesterday...wasn't a great day. I was feeling pretty down, and it was that kind of steely grey, occasionally rainy day that tends to push me right over the edge if I'm on it.

But then, last night, B had a bad dream and called me into his room. I lay down with him, and he put his hand on my cheek and said, "I love you always, Mommy." And some little piece of me fell back into place.

This morning, we woke up to a sunny morning. We were both overtired, but we decided to head over to visit E at work for a walk and some lunch. We enjoyed a sunny, breezy stroll around E's work campus and then headed to a nearby restaurant for a little family lunch. It's continually amazing to me how a little time in the sunshine with my two boys can turn my world around, even if just temporarily.

How do I know that E is absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the right person for me? His presence can bring me a sense of calm in a way no one else's can. Just being around him can make me feel better. Without actually touching me, it's like he is hugging me and telling me it'll all be ok.

So, yesterday was a tough day. Today is better.

No comments: