Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ups and Downs

Up: My "cousin" J finally had her baby yesterday (more than a week overdue, God love her), which is such a joyful thing. I'm so excited for her to experience motherhood and to see her flourish at it.

Down: If the pregnancy I lost had made it, based on when I gave birth to B, I probably would've had the baby sometime around today, give or take. And even though I'm pregnant again now, I can't help but reflect on that baby, and what he or she would've been like, and why he or she couldn't stay.

Up: As if sensing this, the baby I'm carrying now (a girl, btw), has really picked it up in the movement department this week. She's kind of a maniac in there, frankly. I'm actually able to feel her if I put my hand on my belly. Awesome AND reassuring.

Down: Feeling pretty stressed out this week. Not sleeping well AT ALL, for some reason. BLAH.

I would say the ups outweigh the downs pretty handily, so that's something.

No comments: