Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby Love

I mean, it's pretty obvious to state explicitly that I love babies, right? But there are so many little things about having one in the house that I so adore, that I'd kind of forgotten about, and am remembering happily now that we have one again.

I love the feel of a sleeping baby in my arms. She's warm and soft and smells delicious. She breathes and coos quietly in her sleep. She smiles in her sleep if I touch her cheek. She nuzzles my shoulder and neck.

I love her purely joyful smile. This girl is kind of exceptionally smiley and I cannot get enough of her smile. When I walk into a room and she catches sight of me and breaks out in an enormous grin, it makes everything seem worthwhile.

I love the sound of her laugh. One of her favorite people to laugh with/at is her big brother, and it might be my favorite thing EVER to watch him perform for her and listen to her belly laughs at whatever goofiness he comes up with.

I love her personality. This child is a tiny force of nature - has been since birth. I am fascinated by her incredible independence and self assurance. I hope these qualities stay with her as she grows.

No comments: