Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. It is kind of a bullshit holiday, let's be honest. Not only that, it's a bullshit holiday that alienates a good portion of the population. But now, at a point when I have so much love in my life, it doesn't seem like quite such an appalling notion to take a day to celebrate it. So, I guess I'll go with it. It's an extra opportunity to thank my husband for putting up with my nonsense.

Meanwhile, a little something nifty...my grandfather always sang "You Are My Sunshine" to us grandkids when we were little. Whenever any of us hears it, we think of him. Occasionally, I'll hear it, or even just a little snippet of it, and it always calls him to mind. Today, as I was walking through Alewife Station, the guy who plays trumpet there in the mornings started playing it. It was like a little Valentine's wish from Bucky. So, as long as I'm writing, Happy Valentine's Day, Bucky!! xoxo

No comments: