Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sunny Days...Sweepin' the Clouds Away...

It's been a crappy weather week. There was snow. There was ice. There was rain. There was wind. Mostly, there were clouds. It was a grey and dreary week. Today, it's still pretty chilly, but at least the sun is out. Days like this fill me with a desire to get out of the house and do something. I'm never sure what - but cabin fever runs strong in this one. One of the things I miss about living in Boston is the immediacy with which I could go places. When I lived in Beacon Hill and it was a day like this, I could stroll down to The Hill to meet my friend Ellen for a celebratory Guiness. Or I could stroll down to the Common and just walk around among all the other Bostonians who were equally relieved to get a little Vitamin D. I have an innate fear and anxiety over wasting a good day. Today, we packed up our little man and went for a little walk. It was just a few minutes, but it was nice to get outside. Now I just have to figure out what next...

No comments: