Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lessons to Share

I think part of being married is that you sometimes share your lessons. We're going through that right now. E is waiting for some news. So, it's mainly his lesson, whatever the lesson may be. But there's a lesson in it for me, too, in that I'm incredibly impatient about getting the news. I know it's going to be good news. I just want it to come yesterday. But the timing of it is out of my hands, which is difficult for the part of my personality that inherited my mother's control freak tendencies. (Why couldn't I have inherited the control freak tendencies about, like, cleaning, instead of about things I CAN'T control?!) It's so hard for me to toss out there what I want and trust that it will turn out the way I want. I am not sure why that is, but I've always struggled with it. I've gotten better at it as I've gotten older. It probably helped that I wrote a journal entry once describing exactly the man I wanted, and literally a week later, E showed up. And then I dreamed about what engagement, my wedding, having a baby, etc. would all be like, and my dreams about those things all came true. So, I'm learning that faith/trust thing. So, now I just need to trust that E is going to get the news we want him to get. There is not a reason in the world he wouldn't. So, consider this my putting it out there. I trust that we will get good news tomorrow.

No comments: