Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happiness Is a Blonde Toddler

It's kind of tricky when you decide to undertake an overhaul of your entire way of thinking to make it more positive, and just days in, someone you care about passes away too soon. But I'm trying to keep on the positive train, largely because I feel like it's about all I can do that might be in some way helpful, you know?


So, at the risk of sounding like one of those flakes on a TV show, spouting off about The Secret, I'm going to...spout off about The Secret. Here's the thing. Living your life from a positive place does, in fact, feel better. And at least I can send positive thoughts to a family in pain and hope it offers some measure of comfort.


One tenet of The Secret's positive thought is visualizing happy images to make yourself feel more positive. My happy image is, of course, B. I visualize the way he looks when he sleeps, or when he giggles, or when he's snoozing on my shoulder - his blonde curls, his smile, his big, grey eyes. And it really is amazing how quickly thinking of him can improve my mood. I have a picture as my desktop background that can turn my mood around in a heartbeat. I'll show you:




Admit it. You feel slightly happier now, don't you?

No comments: