Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bittersweet

Soon after my miscarriage, a friend of mine who'd been through it warned me that one of the big stings would come when friends of mine announced (in person, on email, on Facebook, what have you) their pregnancies, with due dates close to mine. So, I was prepared for this event. And it's really important to note that I am SUPER happy and excited for all the expectant ladies I know. I do not begrudge anyone this joy. It's way too happy a thing for that. But there is definitely a bittersweet feeling to it, in that it makes me go, "Aw, man! I really, really wish I were still pregnant, so my baby would have so many awesome playmates!" Not that my baby won't, when I do get pregnant again - my sister was five months pregnant with my niece when I got pregnant with B. Logically, I get that. But MAN, I wish that pregnancy hadn't had to end so soon. But hey, I still believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe I'm just meant to have yet another Leo or Virgo (for example) in my life, as opposed to the Aries that baby would've been. Who knows...

No comments: