Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Baby

My baby really isn't a baby anymore. Tomorrow (at 3:58 AM to be precise), he'll be three years old. The past three years have gone by in a blink. A blink so loaded with love it still steals my breath sometimes.

Before B, I thought love was only accompanied by an ache if it was going wrong. But with B, I've learned that's not always true. The love of a parent for her/his child is an aching, desperate, beautiful thing. The thought of his smile can make me smile. The thought of his crying can bring me to tears. I would, as the saying goes, lay down in traffic for him. Sometimes, I can be completely content just to watch him sleeping. Or playing. Or thinking. His expressions of love are like a magical elixir for whatever ails me.

I had a life full of love and blessings before he came along, but I couldn't have imagined the love and blessings I would gain because he did.

No comments: