Friday, January 25, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

It's funny how quickly the entire focus of your life can change. It seems like not so very long ago that I was agonizing over whether or not some guy would call me, what I would wear out to some bar, when I would get that next promotion. Although I'd still like a promotion, those things have faded from view in favor of worrying about my son's cough, praying for my husband's new job, looking for a house for the three of us to share. A year ago, I didn't even know about my son. He wasn't even growing inside me yet. Now, he is one of the two most important people in my life. There are parts of that previous life I miss - the ease of it, mainly. My life was so easy for a while there. I lived a 10 minute walk from work and only had myself to worry about. But although my life is more complicated now, it's also better, in my opinion. It's more fulfilling. It's got higher highs, and that's worth the lows.

No comments: