Monday, January 14, 2008

Positive

I'm trying to be a more positive person. I'm working at it, trying to think more positively, keeping my negative thoughts and anxiety at bay. It's difficult, because I am naturally a worrier, and because there are so many precious things in my life now. But that is exactly why I'm trying to be more positive. I want to be able to enjoy my life, rather than spending it fearing bad things, fearing loss. That's a waste of life. So, I'm baby stepping toward positivity. I'm shutting down negative thoughts where I can, and focusing on the positive things in my life - the things I'm so grateful for. I know it's making a difference, although I've yet to perfect it - not by a long shot. I still have horrible anxiety dreams and I still have occasional moments of panic. But I guess we're all works in progress in our own ways, right? So, I'm going to keep working on it.

No comments: